...and then

Friday 20 February 2015

Hidimbi by the River

Bhimasena: lover,  keeper of secrets, healer.
How burdensome your love for
The lotus-blue Panchali
To whom the Saugandhika
and it's quest were just another sorcery
Of dark eyes.

My skin lightens,  Bhimasena, draining
Itself of jet,  along with the memory of you
The seed grows,  Bhimasena,  and I grow big
Enough to envelope the forest in my womb
In an incestuous hope that you will enter it.

The forest, it grows dark,  Bhimasena
Dark as our love was when you chose
To walk away,  dutiful son,  loving brother
Absent father. Bhimasena

(Inspired by Bhima: Lone Warrior, the English of Randamoozham by MT Vasudevan Nair)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger V a r a d a said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:36 am  
Blogger V a r a d a said...

Hi, I've been a reader of your blog since some time. While reading this, I realized I still haven't commented yet and so, here I am.

Your writings have an innate simplicity and brilliance in them. Absolutely love your blog. :)

Also, this poem is too beautiful. Thanks for the reminder. I must read Randamoozham again sometime.

10:36 am  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

Thank you so much :) I love to hear from readers.

4:08 pm  
Blogger Unmana said...

Beautiful!

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home