...and then

Wednesday 27 January 2010

30 and counting

What do I like about having turned 30?

I like that I have mellowed in all the right places. I am still impulsive and I still am careless about who I make friends with. But I am also careful about judging someone. I am slower to judge, but not as slow as I'd like to be.

Increased libido and opening up of sexual worlds. It helps that there's a husband on the scene to oblige.
You still look like you are in your mid or early 20s -- if you are south indian, that is. If you are a washed-out, cranky, whiney north indian then you lost the looking young battle when you were 21. Yes, I am bigot. So people look at you and say whoa! 30, you don't look it. (What the hell is 30 supposed to look like anyway?)

Add to that two kids and a reasonably well-kept exterior, I am always surprising people. :)

I am taken seriously at work even though I wear dresses that end above my knee and moderately plunging necklines because, come on she's 30 right? She should know what she's doing. Muahahahah yeah, right!

I can legitimately go for facials and not pretend that my skin is nature's gift because I washed delinquent doggies last birth, free of charge. It's a whole different thing that the very two kids who make me look good also come in the way of my trip to the salon.
 
I like saying thirty.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Judy Balan said...

Hey, you forgot all the good parts. The ones you rattled off on a casual mail!

6:10 pm  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

I know! Every time I do a planned post, it falls seriously flat on its face, like this one. Will edit and repost. Thanks!

8:43 am  
Blogger Sumi Mathai said...

yea i guess too..more reasons could have come up to say cheers to thirty

1:16 pm  
Blogger the mad momma said...

what if you're half south indian and quarter north indian and a quarter east indian?
just asking...

btw - welcome aboard the 30s train. i'm enjoying the ride.

5:19 pm  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

TMM: Hahaha, there are so many funny women in my day today that I am having a hard time pretending to be busy at work.

To answer your question: As long as the south Indian thing is happening :P
Thanks!

5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home