...and then

Sunday 7 February 2010

A photo post...

I love pictures. Mine, others', taken by me, taken by others. All kinds. My favourite way to spend time on some days is to go through photographs that capture the heart and soul of some thing, place, person.

This picture is of one of my windchimes. At last count I had 10 -- bamboo, terracota, ceramic, some strange alloy, plastic, now this. Yes I collect them. This one is my favourite


I also happen to love light. I bought this string of chinese lanterns earlier this year. We are still looking for a place to hang it up. I'd love to put it up on a dresser mirror or any other mirror but it also looks good in a doorway corner. Any other suggestions?









This is how I spent part of my salary. I absolutely adore this compact. It's all mineral so no preservatives and it glides on like silk, feels like it too. And it gives you just the perfect glow. I say buy. The lipstick, I feel, could have been another colour -- basically a nude, shiny shimmer that I already have six of, from various brands. I just cannot experiment with lipsticks.



This is Her Madness Shyama and her psycho Devil In Disguise singing doggy. She loves him with a ferocity that stuns me. Must be his shaggy ears. Shyama came very close to being called Kalindi, which is what I wanted for her. It was also the synonym to Yamuna which was my beloved grandmother's name. (One of her names in any case). I conceived Shyama the month we lost my ammamma. But for reasons only close friends know, Kalindi had to be dropped. So I went through many many days of wondering before she came up with a list that had Shyama in it. It also mean the dark one, which is what Yamuna means. And so was born Shyama. Eternally grateful, Abhipraya.

 

 


And, finally, this is my marshamallow. He turns 6 months on Valentine's Day and I love him more with every day.Utkarsh was a surprise to all of us. Call me whatever, but I didn't know till I was four months on that I was going to be a mother again so soon. Shyama was only 8 months when I found out about Utkarsh. It was not a happy time for me. But I see him now and realise that my life would have been incomplete without him, his ready smiles and his beautiful dimples, had I been early enough to detect my pregnancy and decided against having him. I am just being honest.


 Whatever It Is That Looks After Us, I thank It with all my self for this little gift.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy Balan said...

=) Someone's on senti mode these days, I see!

3:03 pm  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

PMS, PMS and some more PMS. Add to that gorgeous weather and no chocolate -- you get mushy, senti, totally clawless. Namely, me right now.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Abhipraya said...

You are always welcome Quill :D

8:32 pm  
Blogger Sumi Mathai said...

thats a mother writing :)

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home