Those of you on twitter will know exactly what I am talking about. Here's a bunch of things that has appeared on my twitter home page by various fans.
"Now I know what god really looks like. He's 5'5", maharashtrian and plays cricket! Tendulkar Bappa Morya!"
"I saw history made today"
"This is the finest thing we have seen on a cricket field."
"Truly the GOD of cricket! WOW! the one record,the one milestone,the one EVEREST that was left...he has conquered it with dedication n grace!"
"The GOD has just showed, how rightly he is 'The God'!!!"
And through all this, morose old Shekhar Kapoor is playing drama queen.
"How many Indians must die before we get rid of corrupt governance? Terrorists, Fire, Hunger. Twitter for change" (Shouldn't it be 'tweet' for change?)
Lighten up for just a bit, Mr India.
Speaking of happy things, another list post. Things that have made me happy these past few days.
- Finding, by chance, my mum reading my blog
- Waking up to see my daughter's goofy smile
- A story I did got picked up by a university here for a demo on how-to.
- My skin's stopped being hormonal and has gone back to glowing normalcy :p
- An email with a very nice thing someone I used to look up to in college said to me. (Hi, you-know-who-you-are!)
- Finding http://inkspillz.blogspot.com/
- Dropped a kilo or two. Yay.
- Reading first posts in blogs.
On another note, everyone's saying, "You make us proud" to Sachin. Can anyone tell me why any of us sitting on our lazy arses, staring into our computers or watching tv while eating a big bag of baked chips should be proud that Sachin is a dedicated, focused, disciplined, consistent, humble, bloody brilliant sportsman?
For, I don't think we had anything to do with where were born -- if our criterion for saying we are proud of Sachin is that we share a nationality -- and the only batting most of us do is to do with a movement of an eyelid.
That said, Go SACHIIIIIN!